Monday, July 14, 2008

Why am I awake right now?

Besides the normal reasons why I am still awake at 2:30am, this time I am awake because when I got back from my trip to Edinburgh I went to sleep thinking that I would take a 2 hour nap and be able to wake up and go on about my day. For the first time I didn't set an alarm. What was I thinking? Did I think I would feel rested after 2 hours sleep after having started my day at 1am Newark time? Needless to say I woke up confused, wondered why it was dark out, how long had I been sleeping, when did I fall asleep...I realized that I was still asleep from going to bed at 2pm and then hoped that it was at least the middle of the night so that I could just try to sleep for a little longer and get up early. Guess what time it was? 10pm...Ooops. I had slept for 8 hours. I am sure that at this point, after 1 year of flying through random times zones, and now constantly forcing myself to sleep and wake up at completely opposite hours, my body does not even know what to do. Normal sleeping schedule...hmm, what would that be like??? It's been such a long time...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Whidbey Island, Washington, United States
These are the tales of some real travels and some that can't really be considered real. The ones that can't really be considered real are the layovers I've had working as a flight attendant. I know that I've been to those places and have had experiences there, but it almost feels more like dream sequences than real life. I've been interested in 'the world out there' since I was a small child. My mother made me realize that 'different' was interesting and everything 'foreign' has intrigued me ever since. At the age of 14 I had my first experience as a world traveler when I went to Osaka, Japan for 2 months to be a nanny. My travels this past year have been much different than that, but every travel, no matter how short, opens your eyes to the world...Here are my stories...